Thursday, January 31, 2013

Foodie PenPals Reveal January 2013

It's Reveal Day!!!
 
Have you ever wondered what people in other parts of the country like to eat? Maybe what are some of their favorite local flavors? I know I have!
I have found a super fun program to help with that curiosity!

The Lean Green Bean
 
 
 Click that  ^^^ pic to learn all you need to know about the program!
 
Here is my box for this month.
 
 
 
Do you see what I see?
 
 
My Penpal this month was from Hoboken, NJ! Guess what is in Hoboken, NJ?!?!?
Carlo's Bakery!!! OMG!!
You know that guy right? From Cake Boss... Amazing!!


How could I not snag a picture of the cookies??? I cannot believe I did that! They were good.
 
I also received this Hoboken Eddie's Merlin's Magic Sauce.
It is a spicy orange pineapple sauce for chicken, seafood, eggrolls, or whatever you want.
My husband just couldn't wait to try it. I made some homemade battered chicken nuggets and used it for a dipping sauce /glaze. It was sooo amazing! This stuff is a little sweet and a little hot. The kids didn't like it but us grown folks sure did!! I'm definately going to be a sad little girl when It's all gone.
 
I may just have to plan a trip to Jersey!

I made some battered chicken nuggets and smothered it in this sauce and it was amazing! The bottle is almost gone already. I can't beleive how fast it went.  
 
My penpal also was nice enough to include a recipe for me so I will share with you all! I haven't made it yet but I may try it soon. It sounds yummy and fresh.
 
 
Cilantro-Lime Jalapeno Chicken Salad
  
Ingredients:
-3 large chicken breasts
-poaching liquid (chicken stock, carrots, celery, onion)
-1 jalapeno diced with seeds scraped out
-4 tbsp cilantro, coursely chopped
-1 juiced lime
-1/4 red onion, finely diced
-1/3 cup mayo
-1 tbsp dijon mustard
-1 tsp cumin
-salt and pepper
-2 ripe avocados
 
Steps:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and poach in liquid until done then chop
-once chicken has cooled, add remaining ingredients then cool in fridge for a few hours to allow flavors to merge
-serve with avocado or on sandwiches
Enjoy!
 
I really enjoy participating in Foodie Penpals. It gives me yet another thing to look forward to in the mail each month!
 

I hope to see some of you on the list soon! Sign up now for Feburary!
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! :) Signed up for this for February. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete