Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tortuga Rum Cakes Review

 
The Tortuga brand is well-known by the more than 20 million annual Caribbean tourists and cruise ship passengers. Tortuga Caribbean Rum Cakes are the #1 export of the Cayman Islands and named the 2012 "Best Cruise Souvenir" by Porthole Cruise Magazine for the eighth consecutive year. Tortuga products are sold in gift and specialty food departments and gourmet stores throughout the Caribbean and North America, in on board gift shops of nearly 100 cruise ships and shipped to 70 countries around the world.
Thanks to Tortuga for allowing me the chance to try their cakes without having to take a cruise.
I admit I have a taste for Rum. I remember my mom making rum balls when I was little but it didn't happen often. It seems like maybe that was holiday treat.
 I was in for a blast from the past when I tried Tortuga Rum Turtles.
These turtles are so delectable. With such a prominent rum taste I thought would be over powered but it wasn't. The rum flavor seems to be more in the caramel inside than in the chocolate coating. Tortuga really popped the bottle on this one! These turtles are amazing.
 
Another of my favorites is the Key Lime Rum Cake.
"Key lime juice is the distinctive ingredient in our pleasingly sweet yet tart Tortuga Key Lime Rum Cakes. Baked in the Caribbean with only the finest ingredients, each rum cake is hand glazed with special 5-year-old, oak barrel aged Tortuga Gold Rum then vacuum sealed to lock in the delicious freshness. The cakes have a shelf life of 12 months, or indefinitely if refrigerated or frozen."
 
 I would imagine all of their treats are just as high quality as the few I tasted. I am so glad you don't HAVE to take a cruise to have a taste of the Caribbean.
Tortuga also offers lots of other tasty treats along with their cakes and turtles.
Flavored coffee, jellies, sauces and gifts packs are also so awesome finds
within the Tortuga Website.
Please take a look and see what you like.
You can also visit Tortuga's Facebook Page to keep up to date on all their news and special promotions. 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I received the products mentioned in this post free for review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
 


1 comment: