Friday, January 15, 2016

Nutrisystem Journey Week 1 - Time to Change

The time has come to get started. I have no energy to keep up with my kids and the things they would like to do, and overall I just want to be healthy! I am starting this week on my Nutrisystem journey to better health.

I have been seeing Dr after Dr trying to figure out what exactly is causing my lack of energy. (in denial about my weight being the problem) Am I anemic? Do I have a sleep problem? Am I eating right? Do I exercise daily?  The answer to all of the above is no. Yep you heard that right. I am not eating right nor am I exercising daily.  Those are definitely 2 things I can remedy for a better life.

Socrates said: "The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new."

So this week is the beginning!




My initial weight is 374.6 with a BMI of 46.1 and body fat of 47.2%. I know those are some big numbers.  I am also participating in a program with my local pharmacy so I will have some workout buddies who are going through these same lifestyle changes.

On the Nutrisystem program, I am sent a month worth of Nutrisystem foods, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals as well as snacks/desserts.  My sample daily menu will resemble this:
Nutrisystem Breakfast (within the 1st hour of waking up)
 [2-4 hours later]
1 PowerFuel (egg, yogurt, milk, etc) and 1 SmartCarb (toast, banana, oatmeal, etc)
 [2-4 hours later]
 Nutrisystem Lunch
 [2-4 hours later]
 1 PowerFuel (turkey breast, tuna, peanut butter, etc) and 1 SmartCarb (apple, roll, rice, etc)
 [2-4 hours later]
 Nutrisystem Dinner
 [2-4 hours later]
 Nutrisystem Snack or Dessert (these are the same category)

I will be supplying some of the extras like milk, eggs, and yogurt, but the majority of my foods will be provided. I am really looking forward to this so I can get used to smaller portions and learn what healthy foods can actually taste like. 

Follow me on my journey and I will be posting back each week with updates. I will be posting often on my Instagram with some of my delicious meals

It is not too late to join in the program. Simply visit http://www.nutrisytem.com/nsblog to learn more.
Also follow Nutrisystem on Facebook and Twitter.  




I am receiving Nutrisystem in exchange for blogging my weight loss journey.   

3 comments:

  1. Great Start!!! I know this will be an awesome new journey and with the help of Nutrisystem and your great will power, you will do this. I'm following along with, but LOL Not too happy about my picture. Maybe as I go along this journey with you, I will post my progress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are going to do great! Just keep up the good work! You are your only motivator and holder of your future! Not to mention, those nutrisystem meals look delicious! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete