Friday, January 22, 2016

Nutrisystem Update Week 2 - Celebrate

This post might be behind schedule just a little but I did weigh in right on time last Tuesday night at my Lose 2 Win meeting. I am proud to say I did successfully lose a little weight! I weighed in at 371 having lost 3.6 lbs. Yay! Lets all celebrate. But, not with food!

Which brings me to my topic of the week. Rewarding with food. Growing up we celebrated many milestones with going out to eat, ice cream, or a trip to the store for candy. I have noticed myself doing that as an adult as well. I have, however, tried to change my way of thinking when it comes to such things. I am instead deciding on a fun activity as a reward for positive achievements. Going to the movies, park, zoo, aquarium, or other such places is more beneficial in the long run. 

When I was being rewarded with food, My body took that as a sign that my happiness was in direct correlation with hunger. Naturally when I felt sad, bored or lonely I, also, turned to my special comfort friend, FOOD. This created a vicious cycle. Sad=eat, Happy=eat, lonely=eat, bored=eat, long day at work=eat So you can see where that is a problem. 

I have tried many diet in the past and I realize now that if you dont change your thinking then nothing will work. Nutri-system is a tool to help you do that. Offering the opportunity for you to succeed and still feel like you are not limiting so much that you are starving. I was so happy to see that the scale had dropped when I weighed in this week. I thought for sure I had not done well.  

There is definitely some great tasting food to choose from.



 Don't forget to check back with me next week. 

*I received Nutrisystem free in exchange for sharing my progress. My opinion is my own and not influenced in any way.*

No comments:

Post a Comment