Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Microwave technology for the future!


 

 

Happy New Year!

   

      Have you ever heated up holiday leftovers and got a big clump of cold mashed potatoes right in the middle of steaming hot gravy surrounded by dried out turkey? Yes, I know you have, me too! I hate that more than opening the microwave and checking the food every30 seconds. Thanks to Panasonic's new inverter technology that all is a thing of the past.

       I got the Panasonic Inverter Microwave Model NN-T945. I have been using the same small microwave for years and with a family of 5 reheating by the family size was impossible. I splurged and went with a 2.2 cu. ft unit at a cost of $159.00 from Wal-Mart. I said to myself  I said, "SELF, this thing better be good or it's going back to the store." And Self said," shut up and try it you dummy!"
       The first thing I tried was popcorn. Because who hasn't burned a bag of popcorn and filled your home with that horrible smell for a week? Of course, there was a popcorn button but just how accurate would it be? I ripped open my bag and threw it in the nuker. I found the popcorn button and set off on a wonderful journey to yummy buttery popcorn land. There were 3 settings for popcorn when you pushed the button multiple times it goes through options of 3.5oz, 3.0oz, and 1.5oz bags. I had the larger of the 3. It doesn't show any time on the display with this option of cooking, only power level. I stood nearby listening for the popping and the microwave stopped at just about the same time I would have opened it on my other microwave by judging the time between pops. So test one was complete! Perfectly popped popcorn in approximately 3 minutes. Yay!
       So next on my list to try was that huge bowl of mashed potatoes leftover from last nights dinner. There is a sensor reheat button just for this. Apparently is senses when the food is heated through and turns itself down to 50% power for the last 30 seconds and beeps to let you know it is almost done. Super awesome feature in my book! I used this feature and left the bowl covered so as not to splatter. When it finished heating I opened the bowl and dodged the steam from my terrific tubers.  Sensor reheat = success!
Finally I decided to try the basic omelet recipe from the owners manual with my own added ingredients. Using the Omelet setting, this too, was perfectly cooked. Just like any other microwaved eggs though, a little tough. I don't think that had anything to do with the microwave though.



        
        There are so many settings and option on this unit I haven't been able to try them all yet but I have plenty of time and determination to try them ALL. Overall, I give this product a 5/5 stars. I love it and feel it was well worth the cost.

Have a great day!

     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment