This has been the gloomiest of all days....
School was cancelled due to the 1/4 inch of snow that fell during the night here in Tennessee.
It was melted by 9am and left nothing outside but a
muddy mess. The kids were inside bored to death today
while I worked. So I tossed them a bag of rocks and told them to stop fighting and go color.
These Crayon Rocks are so cool!
They are perfect for little fingers. I wish I would have known about these when my girls were snapping every crayon they ever got their hands on.
They don't do that as much anymore but they think these rocks are just super awesome.
I love these little buggers. They are practically un breakable but a little too small for really young
kids as they do still pose a choking hazard.
I think they are such a great idea.
I couldn't stop them from wanting to color everything.
After my girls colored to their hearts content,
the rocks hardly changed in size at all. It seems as though they will last forever.
About Crayon Rocks
- Crayon Rocks are all natural soy wax crayons made from USA grown soybeans and colored with mineral pigments.
- The colors are vibrant and can be layered to make beautifully textured art work.
- They were designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles, preparing fingers and hands for handwriting.
- The shape allows small fingers to color in large, wide strokes creating pictures rich in color.
- Used by occupational therapists to develop fine motor skills.
They have these giant coloring books and like most kids they color a little on each page and then turn to another picture. I was always the kids who completed the picture and then signed my name to
show my superb coloring skills.
Why don't kids do that anymore?
I found a page to print some coloring pages too in case your kids are the same way about needing more coloring books.
Crayon rocks not only sent me this free bag of Crayon Rocks to review...
They are also offering a bag to one lucky reader.
So just enter in the raffle copter below!!!