Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Antonia's Southwest Chicken Quesadillas






Around my house we always get to celebrate a birthday with our favorite meal for dinner. Today is my day so I am making up some Chicken Quesadillas. Everyone knows I am a huge fan of Cravebox and they are always having different contests to win cravebucks. I try to participate as much as possible.
This week we are focusing on the McCormick Spices that came is the most recent
Cooking Light Fast Meals Cravebox. The entries are to be recipes using the McCormick Spices. I loved the Moroccan Chicken recipe they suggest but my family wouldn't be as open to that one as I would so I am chosing to create my own instead. It is really adapted a little from a recipe I found on the McCormick website.
 
What are we waiting for? Let's get cooking....
 
I am using:
1lb chicken breast strips
 8oz can tomato sauce
McCormick Perfect Pinch Southwest Seasoning
8oz bag of mexican style shredded cheese blend

 
 
You can adapt this recipe into your own as well... That is the fun of cooking.
 
Super easy....cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and cook with a little bit of oil until done.
I didn't have to use oil because my super awesome Green Pans are just that great!


When the chicken is done I add 2tbsp of McCormick Southwest spices,  the entire 8 oz can of tomato sauce and 2-3 tbsp of water. Mix well and turn to low and allow flavors to merge together.
Turn it off and set aside...


Next, I take a tortilla and place into a small dry skillet turned on low-med heat.
I scatter shredded cheese across the tortilla and
place a couple little spoonfuls of chicken mixture onto one half.
 
Allow the cheese to melt slowly careful not to burn the tortilla
then fold in half and flip to brown slightly if desired.
 

Tada!!!
I served mine up with sour cream and avacado
But that's just me!!
 
Let me know if you try this and how you like it!
How would you adapt this recipe for your tastes?
 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment