Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Apricot Preserve Rolls

Waking up starving is a common occurrence around here. I have to come up with quick but yummy ideas to satisfy that early morning hunger. The best ideas no doubt have to include some type of bread! I don't know about you but I am a bread-a-holic. They have meetings for that, at the diner next door, in the room next to the choco-holics anonymous.
 
 
 
This morning, before my meetings at the diner, I baked up some yummy creations. They are super simple! I probably could have done something a little more but I needed a quick fix because I was starving!!!!
All I needed was a can of Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls and a jar of apricot preserves. You could really use any flavor jam or jelly.
 
I popped the can and laid out the rolls into 4 sheets like this. After spreading a thin layer of jam on top of each sheet I rolled them from the short ends. It is also a good idea to try to pinch the seams together a little because they will puff and separate.
 

 
You will end up with 4 of these small rolls. It is a pain in the jelly roll if you try to cut these with a knife! So I used some dental floss. I saw this on a cooking show who knows how long ago.
 
 
Just pull a piece of floss, big enough to handle easily, grab both ends and slide the middle under the roll, cross the ends over the top of the roll and as you pull the ends top the opposite sides it will slice the roll! I was so excited when I first learned this trick. It is such a big help. 
 
 
After slicing all the rolls into about 1/2 inch slices, I laid them out on a cookie sheet. Leave some puff room! Bake for about 12 minutes at 350.
 
 

I used the cookie sheet from my green pan collection. You will notice this is just another test on the awesome ability of this pan. I think I put a little too much jelly on the rolls. It didn't all come out, but it still left a nice glaze to them. I thought for sure this would be another pain in the jelly roll to clean, but surprisingly most of it came off with the rolls. Cleaned right up!
 
 
 
These turned out so soft and delicious. A nice sweet taste but not too sweet!
 
Thanks for reading and tell me what other recipes you would like to see me make!
 


1 comment:

  1. Yumm! Those look and sound good! I'd use a raspberry jam...that's my fave!

    ReplyDelete